Corydora Odd Behaviour

Catfish, get discussed here.
iloveexperiment626

Corydora Odd Behaviour

Postby iloveexperiment626 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:17 pm

I bought a few months back 2 Venezuelan Corydoras, then decided to add another around 2 weeks after. So my shoal of three have been acting very odd after having them for a few weeks.

Before they would do what corydoras normally do; beaver about the bottom constantly looking for food, occasionally swimming a bit up and down the glass.

But now they wont stop swimming across the glass - from mid to top. Its CONSTANT, theyre so fast skimming across the top half length of my tank together backwards and forwards. its mainly at the top
I thought maybe oxygen levels but my other fish are fine and i've increased the aeration from my filter.
they're hardly ever on the bottom and im constantly worried they're not getting enough food - when they were normal they looked well fed and slightly plump, but now they look pretty normal.

Help!

*other than that* I'd say this is the best corydora specie I have owned, more expensive than my other fish but worth it, they seem far hardier than any other cory i've previously had.
my tank: 90L - 2 rosy tetra females, 2 black phantom males - 3 Venezuelan Corydoras - Rasboara shoal of 3 harlequins and a lambchop - 2 Otocinclus - 13 cardinal tetra - 3 cherry barbs.

iloveexperiment626

Postby iloveexperiment626 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:31 pm

"dpm1did1" wrote:I have 3 Cory species and mine have occasional mad moments. Othe tines I think they have died in their sleep.

I would certainly do water checks bit you may find its just Cory craziness - I had a Trilineatus doing figures of 8 on the glass for a couple of days last week. Wasn't the first time I've seen.it, and all checks came back fine. I just sat and monitored ans overnight it just stopped

Hmm I know corys have like a 'mad half hour' like every so often, I'm just worried that that its constant and its been going on for weeks - also my water is just fine and I hoover my tank once a week. one of the corys barbels are lovely long and perfect, ones has gotten his a bit stubby and the other doesnt have barbels at all, Ive spoken to someone at my local fish shop and they say my gravel is fine and they should grow but they're not!
my tank: 90L - 2 rosy tetra females, 2 black phantom males - 3 Venezuelan Corydoras - Rasboara shoal of 3 harlequins and a lambchop - 2 Otocinclus - 13 cardinal tetra - 3 cherry barbs.

Fishbore

Postby Fishbore » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:39 pm

I had a Kuhli loach do this and it turned out I'd got a small nitrite reading. As soon as I did a water change, it stopped and it's never done it since.
Regards,

Allison.

Return to “Catfish”