Greenline Aquatic Plants

Questions about plants, their care, diseases and other problems.
syd4444
Location: Eastern Scotland,where the water is very soft and the PH is low

Greenline Aquatic Plants

Postby syd4444 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:49 pm

I received my order of plants from Greenline Aquatic Plants today. They arrived on time and were in excellent condition. The only criticism I have is, It would have been better if they had provided a list of the plants that were actually sent. There is two plants in particular that I can't even find in their catalogue. After some searching on the internet I have found that one of them is not an aquatic plant, but all in all, I'm very happy and would buy from them again.

Huntingdon

Postby Huntingdon » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:29 am

Aquatic plants in general seem to suffer from a lack of identification. If you buy regular plants then everyone comes with a label saying what it is and what conditions it likes, but that is never the case with those for the aquarium. It's a bit frustrating.

syd4444
Location: Eastern Scotland,where the water is very soft and the PH is low

Postby syd4444 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:32 pm

I was in my LFS today and I saw the two plants that I had researched and the owner of the shop told me that they weren't aquatic plants, people like them and they take about 9 months to die.

nry

Postby nry » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:39 pm

Some aquarium plant brands are always labelled, e.g. Tropica plants.

Greenline label all plants if you buy them specifically but if you buy a bundle deal etc than many may not be labelled.

Huntingdon

Postby Huntingdon » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:46 pm

"nry" wrote:Some aquarium plant brands are always labelled, e.g. Tropica plants.

For some bizarre and completely unexplained reason my lfs removes these! I've asked them to save them for me, but I don't have to buy plants very often and they've always thrown them away by the time I ask.

It's normally a good shop, and they stock mostly the easier plants needing low light, but it does seem like a ploy to have people kill plants and need to buy more.

The local [shop name removed] does leave the labels in, but the plants are in an absoultely dreadful condition so I'd never buy them.
Last edited by wezdawes on Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove shop name

Return to “Aquarium Plants”