Before It's too late.

Chew the fat about fishkeeping or non-fishkeeping related stuff in here.
son of alf

Re: Before It's too late.

Postby son of alf » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:50 pm

Forgot about Celtic...I prefer the dark Greens....bottle Green or British racing green....not keen on many light colours Green being one of them....I spotted Villa in their away strip the other week...the Black based one....liked that a little bit also....whilst on about football strips I also like the German world cup strip late 80s....smart. :)
Its like a merry go round with these football managers....sacked from one club for not getting results then picked up by another....failure it would seem doesn't matter neither does the money to pay them off....Everton must be mad is all I shall say.
As for Priti Pritstick just another career politician no feeling for the country....God knows what she was up to and I haven't bothered to read the press about her yet....did read that she said the British work force was lazy at some time or other...or was that Thatcher?...Churchill maybe?....us workers been called so many names its hard to remember who by.
And Boris is indeed a joke and embarrassment......mouth opens brain goes out of gear.....bit like Trumpet but not quite as dangerous.
Mind beats me why anyone would want to go back to Iran.....not much of a country when it comes to human rights and such.
Spacey being edited out of his latest film....more coming out to join in the fun and accuse hoping for compensation some of them I expect and now we hear that there has been a pedophile mob operating in Hollywood for donkeys years.....same story..... all knew about it but nothing said or done.....don't know what to make of it all.....people accuse someone and the media put his picture and name up.....no one can possibly be innocent anymore.
And whats worse Reg....Did you read about the sheep....they have found out that sheep can remember faces...Us Welsh llads are in trouble now....that's the end of a good Saturday night out no more out of the pub and up the hill looking for love.
Never used chopsticks....not fond of Chinese food to be honest.....been some years since we had some ...yet we do have a couple or more Chinese takeaways at the bottom of the hill and restaurant also.As for Trumpet using sticks...best kept away from him...have someones eye out.
Yep I remember Lee....not on his own there...some even better at diving than him...wonder some of them today haven't been awarded an Oscar .....such a shame to resort to cheating.
Must have been looking at that needle through binoculars either that or the nurse had small hands....big baby!....did nursey give you a sweetie for being a good brave boy? :)
Record player gone along with most of my records....took up too much room.....I have about 200 or so singles left and about 60 Lps most of them rock very little classical but I did keep my Beethoven 1 - 9 and a few of my other favourite symphonies but most went to the charity shop.
Went to Wetherspoons yesterday to meet a couple of me mates for an hour or so....I spotted a Welsh beer(Brecon bitter?) and being patriotic gave it a go....not very nice at all...and thinking about it.... sad to say that most of the Welsh brewed beers I have tasted haven't been very clever.....it must be down to our Welsh water not being good for beer making....trying to remember the good ones I have tasted....besides Brains beers that is....they have some right nice beers.
And out walking this morning we can back through the park....spotted two Red Admiral butterflies out making the most of the fine weather not bad for November....only spotted a couple more of them through our summer.

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:18 pm

Lucky you , seeing those Flutterbys . I still have not seen any. I tell a lie , some time back I saw a little white un.
Yes the nurse gave me a sweetie , patted me on the head and said good boy and booted me out.
Watched the N Ireland v Switzerland game. Ireland were outplayed but the only goal , a pen, should never have been allowed.
The Swiss bloke , in the pen area blasts the ball at an Irish bloke who was about 2 yards away. The ball hits his upper arm. Penalty. Very very harsh.
Moyes has said that West Ham are getting a very good manager. I like modesty . I hope his big head gets it jammed in his office door. You my have deduced that I am not keen on Moysie. I ain’t seen him smile yet.
No news yet on the Pulis front. But the Chinese owner had just flown in from China to see what’s going on. Pulis for the chop?
Just read that a German male nurse has killed at least 100 people in hospital by drug overdose. Now I had always believed that you went to hospital to be made well. Reminds me of those Nazi German hospitals we read about murdering thousands.
My mind feels quite numb at the mo . The Apple bloke phones me up and spent 2 hours trying to get my Blue Ray working . No go. But he left me having to reinstall my I pad , emails , bank accounts , everything was wiped off my iPad. So I have to build everything up again. And Blue Ray still ain’t working . My heads in a whirl, I need a large G &T
I am getting too old for this techs stuff.
Yes Boris is a menace in parliament . He may have a high IQ but that does not give him a rational thinking mind. I have met several brainy types in my life and most of em could not even tie up their shoelaces. A lot of the mp’s in parliament are thinking that it would be dangerous to let him become PM.
Well the team that takes the field against the Aussies is gonna have a strange look to it. One or two of the players mentioned as possibles to make the team I have never heard of . I am very fearful. Fingers crossed SOA.
Well it was that mp that got blown up in the IRA attack , Tebbit that said get on yer bikes and go find a job I think. Him and Thatcher were two real hardliners.
Saw a bit of a program on Trumpets life and how he got his power. If you have no conscience or feelings for others and are given a million bucks that’s Trumpet. He did loads of constructions in New York and penny pinched on materials for all of em. So are these great big apartment buildings he built really safe? Quite a few folk over there are concerned at his methods. We will see.
Reg.

son of alf

Postby son of alf » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:54 pm

Weather on the hill back to being good again....light frosts in the mornings but sunshine also....surprised to see those butterflies.....and another thing we noticed whilst out and about.... Squirrels....never seen so many all in one go ....walk through our park you can expect to see one or two maybe three....but these last couple of days they are everywhere.
Could they be expecting this cold weather they have promised us?....out burying their nuts ready for the next ice age.
Did not see the Ireland game but seen pictures of it and part read the match report....penalty was a bit harsh by the looks of things...another ref blunder perhaps?
I've seen Moyes smiling .....he was reading his bank statement at the time.....Moyes does come across as a bit grumpy I guess.....West Ham another of those sides that should be doing better....big head or not I wish him the best.
I read that about the German nurse....probably end up working for our NHS....we like to collect murders and such that every country gets shot off but we can't.....look on the bright side he will help keep treatment costs down for the NHS.
Makes you wonder how these people get away with it for so long....not the first time things like this have happened.
I thought you were on top of this Bluetooth.......and now Blue Ray.
Apple bloke phoned you up?.....sounds a bit odd Reg......never could get my head around tech stuff....so don't be hard on yourself just because you is getting old.
And as for people of high learning.....I have met a few over the career years.....bright as a button maybe but some of the things they come out with just stupid.....and on the other side of the coin I have worked with a few engineers who were out of this world.
Yes its not looking good for England...perhaps they are trying to baffle the Aussies as well as us.....fearful for sure no other word for it except God help us and unfortunately that's three words and God hates cricket anyway.
On your bike.....yes I remember that...used to ride a bike to work sometimes....And indeed it was also Ms Pritstick who said it also...I looked it up.....mind that is the Conservative attitude....blame the workers and not the money grabbing owners.....we are still dam serfs in there eyes.....biggest mistake was allowing us to be educated.....good job there's a good supply of workers from over yonder to up the profits.
Not only Trumpets building methods under scrutiny.....looks like he bent a few rules with his golf courses in Scotland.....but yes its typical of big business to cut corners....all to do with profit at the end of the day....everything else takes second place when money is concerned.
And speaking of money....just spent this weeks pension on a Lego set....spotted it on offer Tesco Extra....waiting for it to be delivered this afternoon....Wife going to kill me when she finds out....Coffers are empty....been feeding her on bread and cheese all week...told her she was getting a bit plump......going to slip a book down the back of my trousers.....I fear a spot of violence is coming my way. :(

son of alf

Postby son of alf » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:55 pm

Loftus Cheek.....sounds like a grand national race horse or someting out of a Dickens novel.

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:16 am

Well I did a full post last night , pressed ‘go’. And hey presto it went, to where I do not know. Maybe into the ether.
Also all our previous posts have disappeared, so no PFK record . Lord know what has happened unless has something to do with meddling about with flipping this ere Blue thingy.
Suffering a bit tonight after a visit to the SVR. Too much pop. I can’t take it like I used to.
Boy was the place busy. Place was packed, trains still running. Pub ran out of glasses at one stage.
Funny game of footer against Germany, they were all over us for 20 mins but the new lads slowly got to grips with the game and could have won it. One or two players excelled and should have a good future.
Have you heard of Craig Overton?. It seems he could be in line for his test debut after a good bowling performance .
And Anderson seems on form with 3-12 and Woakes took 4-17.
England women have got their backs to the wall in the cricket, but with only one day to go, it should be a draw
It all seems cosy with Trumpet and the Chinese . At least he is not threatening to blow em up. Not yet.
Rugby internationals have started. England though not really playing well saw off Argentina.
They are saying in the press that the improvement in Newputs form is down to the new manager that came in May. But I have never heard of the feller. Let’s hope it continues.
Mr Puttitin says he feels insulted that Russia could be said to interfere with the States elections . He is said to have told Trumpet who believes his friend Puttitin.
Reg

son of alf

Postby son of alf » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:24 pm

Blue thingy....should never mess with a Blue thingy........well you may have had a good time at the SVR....here on the hill it was a terrible day....nothing but rain again....enough to drive any man to drink....and it did but I did not go over the top with the stout tops.
I enjoyed the game made me smile for a change....I usually turn England off as they make me moan and groan watching them....lets see what this lot can do against Brazil...how refreshing to have a goalkeeper who seems to know what he's doing and can actually save a shot or two.
Also watched the rugby....yes it was a bit disappointing ....lacklustre.....they need to work on their game or else.....wont scrape by like that against the Blacks or the Aussies or even us Welsh lladds.....dare I say we were a bit ugh on times.
Cricket....us women have managed to draw....only three matches left and we need to win them all to snatch the ashes......not much chance of that.....up hill all the way now for the girls.
Newput should have won their last game.....playing sides below you especially at home you need to win....but no complaints they are doing well as compared to last year fright.....Flynn caretaker manager ....Newput boy I think Reg....he seems to have brought a bit of stability to the side......last year they seemed to play well but unable to score goals...fingers crossed tha'ts in the past now.
Trumpet....Russians,Chinese....wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.....Is Trumpet that daft to believe everything they say?.....Well yes. But at least they all have something in common ....bad liars.
Trumpet has called Him Hung Lo short and fat....well sort of....just like being in the school yard....never a dull moment.
Well I see in the press that old Blatter is back in the news.....accused of sexual assault this time.....that boy can turn his hand to anything(sorry)....amazing some dudes can do anything and get away with it.
Had to change my password to get onto forum the other day....I dare say you will have to do the same soon Reg...good luck :)

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:33 am

I have not seen that info on Blatter , where did you see that.
Lots of Rugby league on the box at the moment. But I can’t really get into it. Used to years ago but it is not really a national game as it’s played mainly in Lancs and Yorks. They did try and get clubs to take it up down south but it did not get much support.
Poured with rain today up till about 10.30 then stopped, so the parade to the town park to lay wreaths would be in the dry. We normally go and watch the parade but the prospect of further rain put us off.
Lynda thinks she had gout. I think it is gout , because it has occurred a few times in the past and then the medics said gout. It affects her feet and hands. She will just have to leave the booze alone for a while. She won’t like that, Lynda does like her late afternoon tipple.
So, Trumpet is an old man, so says Him Hung Lo. But tit for tat , Trumpet says Him Hung Lo is a little fatty. Still I suppose it’s better to fire words at each other than bombs.
The English rugby union team should be top dogs with the amount of players at their disposal. Little nations like Wales and NZ should not be able to beat them. But they do all too often.
But they should not be slated too much for the rusty display against the Argy Bargies, they ain’t mugs any more and will give most teams a run for their money. And it was the first game of the season.
But what happened to S Africa against the Irish? SA are usually a very tough nut.
Yes I have had to change passwords a couple of times recently , I don’t know what goes wrong but it is annoying.
The English girls did well to bat out for the draw. It was comfortable in the end.
Listening to radio five today , they were talking to the Aussies about the forthcoming cricket series . They really do hate us when the cricket starts and will do anything to rile our lot. Really vile sledging , anything goes. And in the past it has got to one or two of the English. Trott was the main one affected but others have just folded. We should fight back and call em a load of old bushwhacking sheep sh.gg.rs.
Reg

son of alf

Postby son of alf » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:28 pm

I think I read about Blatter in the press....I read quite a few newspapers so not entirely sure...I also visit the BBC web page everyday also so it might have been on there.....the accusation comes from a female football player(Hope Solo) who was a presenter at an awards ceremony with him.....find it a little hard to believe to be honest....Blatter more likely to empty her purse than touch her on the knee or such.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4890361/ ... .....found it.
I used to watch rugby league years ago also when it was on Grandstand of a Saturday afternoon.....whilst waiting for the football results and such....and of course the wrestling also.....happy days.....but like you no longer bother.
It was a nice day here yesterday...sun out but a little cold.....darn bit colder this morning though....wife looked like something out of Nanook of the north whilst out this morning ....she feels the cold even on a sunny summer day....quite comical at times everyone in shorts and shes as cold as ice.
Gout....can be painful I understand....she has my sympathy....I hope it doesn't visit me....can't give up my booze Reg....although I is still on beer rations at the moment....but that's not as bad as none at all.
England Rugby...I know it was the first game and true the could have been a little rusty.....but I think they should have put on a better show than they did...If the Argy Bargies had kicked there penalties it would have been a lot closer.....England need to wake up or they are going to be caught wanting just like last time....perhaps a bit of criticism will shake them up.
Ireland can be a dam good side...but yes the result a little bit of a shock....expect better of the S Africans.
I read about the problems of being English and playing cricket down under....everyone and his Kangaroo has a pop at us English...sledging on and off the field.....it must get you down and effect your game....but as you say English never well liked you would think we would be used to it by now.....Just think how much worse it will get if if Stokes turns up....the pressure on our llads will be even worse.
You have to feel sorry for Aussie sheep Sh....rs....all their sheep are dried out ugly ones...its no wonder they be bad tempered lot....perhaps we should send them a few of our Welsh Lambs to relieve their frustrations.
Well I'm off to hand in my guns and ammunition....the police are urging us public to hand them in.......I can't see the villains doing the same though.....nor our friendly neighbourhood terrorist.....wonder what would happen if they made that plea in America?

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:44 am

Hand in yer guns. Not flipping likely. If you are a dodgy feller with a couple of guns without a license,are you gonna hand em in and chance being put on a police list as a dodgy person. Not on your Nellie!
I ain’t gonna hand in my 3 rifles, 6 hand guns, a Bazooka, 6 Mortar bombs and a dozen Hand Grenades. Well, you have to protect yourself these days SOA. Oh and 2 catterpults and me bow and arrow.
Now George Bush has been having a bit of a grope. Their all at it. Let’s all go and have a grope.
In Shrewsbury there is a Lane called Grope Lane. You can guess what went on there. Way back in the Middle Ages It used to have a longer name:- ‘Grope C.nt Lane. But for prudence sake they shortened it.
And when we were teenagers everybody had a grope. Back then it was called fun. Now it’s called assault. Enough said.
I expect some large sums of money will be paid out at some time.
Another major earthquake in Iran/Iraq. Now it’s at least 400 dead and the number still growing. Thank goodness we are in a quieter zone. Though a few years back I was in a shop in town when the floor started shaking and all the objects were falling of the shelves. But it only lasted a short time.
Get rid of all those paper £10 notes you have stored away SOA. They are no good after February next year. But I find em permanently bent just like the new fiver.
Ok what’s yer thoughts on England v Brazil tomorrow ? Can we beat the Samba dancers or will they Quickstep through our defence and Waltze the ball into our net. Hmm I feel a dance coming on.
You weren’t in London last Wednesday were you SOA? They are looking for a bloke who has nicked a bag containing £1 million of gems stolen from a Euston train. Police are interested in a bloke from the Newput area to help them in their enquiries . Got any to spare ? I could do with a few bob. LOL. Joking.
Maypole having a go at Putin, accusing him of messing about with cyber espionage and undermining free societies. Care now Maypole they are bigger than us. Set Boris loose on em Mrs Maypole he will sort em.
Like your missus Lynda feels the cold. Her fingers and toes go white when it’s chilly. I am wondering if there are any really good thermal gloves around that I could get for her. Any ideas?
Reg.

son of alf

Postby son of alf » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:05 pm

Christ you are a one man army lol....Rambo has nothing on you...you have more weapons than the British army.....had a right good catty as a boy.....can do some damage with one of those and a pocket full of marbles....another good idea.....seem to recall the plod did this before but it was only the good folk who handed in their weapons I bet....guns and such taken as souvenirs after the war.If I had a gun I certainly wouldn't give it up....way things are shaping up could come in handy.
George Bush today........ but who else tomorrow.....remember Muffin the Mule......always had a smile on its face....and poor old Lenny the Lion had a hand and arm up its jacksie most of it life so did Sooty.....they will be the next shouting ME TOO mark my words Reg.
Were is it all going to end....the way things are going you best keep your hands in your pockets.....and for goodness sake don't administer the kiss of life ...you'll get done for necrophilia is it all goes wrong.
Well there was a few dubious places in Newput many years back where encounters took place....Carpenters lane...and Gilligan's Island....to be avoided at night unless you swing that way......Well I must admit I is guilty of some night moves with the opposite sex.....we used to go to the park or woods....but as long as you is both willing...surely they can't touch you for it ;) sorry.
Next year for the tenners is it...haven't got many to get shot of....shame really I do not like these plastic notes one little bit....whoever came up with the idea of plastic notes....rubbish....they don't sit tidy in my pocket or wallet all bent and buckled.
As for the footy you have to go for Brazil....two clear goals... three if Hart is back in goal...hes bound to gift them a goal before too long :( ....
Have not seen the team to play Brazil yet...hope he sticks with the one that played the Germans....like to get another look at Lofty Peek see if he can do the business again.....may put in a few more young guns they reckon in the press.....Wonder if they will play in the Blue strip again....must admit it wasn't that bad but could do with another colour to brighten it up a little.
Keeping little one warm....its been a problem since 2002 when it all started.....my wife goes with sheep skin lined boots and gloves....she also wears stuff made by Thinsulate to keep warm.... it depends on how cold it is on the day .....it was a little cold here again this morning so she put on leg warmers also.....but most days are cold days to her Reg.....she even has a little sheep skin hat thinking about it........ shes like a little Welsh lamb some days ......wheres me wellies. :)

Return to “Chit chat”