Before It's too late.

Chew the fat about fishkeeping or non-fishkeeping related stuff in here.
son of alf

Re: Before It's too late.

Postby son of alf » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:30 pm

So we both think Thatcher put the country back on track and restored our countries credibility after the Labour years....but we both disliked her.....how strange is that?....if this trend keeps on I will be singing Blair's praises....nah he didn't do anything for this country except try to ruin it.....another candidate for a nasty piece of work.
Wales as a team not the best Ireland the same....but they have spirit and pride they give it all they have got and more.....not going to win prizes but at least the give all they have got.
And as for England....they have the best of the players of the home sides....but when they have to play the likes of Wales and Scotland they should be blowing these teams away.....but its just hard work for us....strange indeed Reg....and I have no answer to the reason that is. England having some right talented players but they don't produce......it can only come down to training and tactics as far as I can tell....perhaps we stifle players when we should be encouraging them to think on their feet and show individuality......but who knows Reg.
The other thing that strikes me about this world cup qualifying is......some of the sides that have qualified are they good enough to be there?.....I know the whole thing is about money and making the sport more popular in far flung corners of the world.........anyway just a thought what do I know.
And all credit to Iceland....they have indeed done so well with what they have.....England sure to get drawn against them ....especially if I was on the draw fixing team :)
I is OK thanks Reg.
Had to have my blood tested again to find out if those Vit D pills have helped......not made much difference unfortunately or so it feels ....perhaps my body no longer absorbing Vit D....anyway results next week will tell all.
I have been going to a different doctor and a different surgery.....its a bit further away but its a lot quieter than my local one....but both practices are run by the same bunch of doctors ....I guess they are just expanding to take in the numbers of new patients perhaps.
Now you look after that girl of yours....if it makes her happy so be it.....as for Wolverhampton not been near there for donkeys years so no comment ......some nice folks come from that area though.....or so I have been told. :)
My wife gave me my months pocket money today....late as usual.........anyway It was one of those new plastic £10 notes.....I thought she was trying to pass an old 10 shilling note on me.... ..same colour almost and with a picture of Boy George on the back of it....just as bad as the plastic fiver if not worse.
And speaking of plastic.......looking at our Lizzy's photo on the front of the note I think she may have had work done Reg.....either that or her Corgis have licked off all her Wrinkles................she kept that quiet last month down Wetherspoons.....wondered why she wanted to borrow a couple of bob from me....all makes sense now.

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:27 pm

Queenie hiding her wrinkles? That’s a bit difficult at her age. But she is bound to have her own personal wrinkle beautician, specially to hide her advancing years. I think I will employ one. A wrinkle shifter, not shirt lifter........
Old Weinstein is a bit of a lad. He has been getting away with his touchy feely actions against women for years. It certainly ain’t his looks, but it just proves that people in powerful positions think they can get away with anything. If you and I were caught doing that sort of thing, they would throw the book at us.
Stokes under fire again for taking the Micky out of a disabled youngster. What an idiot. You would think after brawling with Joe public, recorded on camera, he would be keeping a low profile . But thick idiots never learn do they.
Bobby Charlton coming up 80. It only seems like yesterday that he was playing in the 1966 final. Gawd that’s 51 years ago and I remember jumping up and down like an idiot on the sofa watching that match. You know SOA , time is very cruel. It passes you by and there is nothing you can do about it.
And we still don’t know for sure how life actually started. It’s a burning desire of mine to find out before I go. But no way will I get to know..
Well Wolves ain’t changed much . We spent a couple of hours wandering round the Art Gallery. Some of it quite interesting, But the main reason for going is that they have a good cafeteria .
But like most women Lynda likes these charity shops, so we always have to visit a few of em.
I don’t know about you but shuffling around these places makes my feet ache and burn.
Wolves V Villa on Saturday. Both teams going well. So should be a good Un.
Thank goodness the football is back to normal after the World Cup break.
Don’t you dare go singing that idiot Blair’s praises. The USA lap dog.. I can’t stand the bloke, I could kick his face in every time I see it.
The weekend is gonna be warm so they tell me., Great I will get the deck chairs out again, and have a wee drop of something. Lynda can’t stand the cold , her fingers and toes go white. She won’t agree but I think she has got that Raynaud’s disease.
Reg.

son of alf

Postby son of alf » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Well old Liz looks like a spring chicken on this ere £10 note.....smoother than a babies bum.....her beautician must have used a steamroller and a ton of polyfilla is all I can say.
Haven't read much about this Weinstein fellow even though the news and press is full of his shenanigans......took a long time for someone to shop him though....it would seem that people knew what he was up to yonks ago....and the other thing that seems odd or should I say quite unbelievable..these big stars said nothing.....were they just putting their careers first?....does that not make them as bad as him for letting this man prey on young hopeful young ladies for years more?
But this sort of thing has been going on for years in Hollywood...casting couch it used to be called.....Weinstein not the first to exploit his position and I wouldn't mind betting he is not the last.
And not only that it it looks like that sort of behaviour quite common over here also....people in high places abusing others....and just like Hollywood all kept quiet.
Stokes has taken part in lots of not so nice things....fighting in the street just the latest of his stupidness ....sponsors now dumping him because of this latest naughtiness..........it would seem that most of our sportsmen of today may be talented but have little between the ears.
Not very good examples to the kids....such a shame.
Now Bobby Charlton a different kettle of fish.....everybody's hero from a time when sport had not quite turned greedy yet and to represent your country meant setting a good example and something to be proud of.....and not an excuse to drink fight and fornicate.
Summer of 66......you were not the only one acting like an idiot that day Reg.....we all had our moment that day....and yes it has all gone far to quick and indeed nothing can be done to stop it....and as for the meaning of life....it just a thing designed to annoy us....and the start of life that's another one we shall never get to grips with.......the thing that gets me the most though is how everything had to be in the right time right place to support our little old world and all who sail on her....Two foot to the left too hot for life....two foot to the right a block of ice.
It does make one wonder if there is indeed someone or thing behind it all......I is still no longer religious Reg....but I still keep the faith that maybe one day we shall know the answer.
So you had a good day out .....and you were not looking forward going to Wolves :) .....all that art and all you could think of is stuffing your face in the cafeteria.....lol.....but yes I know what you mean it is hard on the feet....last time we went around a museum was last year....we had to give up halfway around.....wife and I limping along and my tongue was dragging along the floor .....we called it a day and made camp in the pub across the road....but like you we did enjoy what we had seen and learnt.
Lynda....I think you may be right about the raynauds ....my wife has it ....... her fingers and bits turn white and then blue sometimes....like blocks of ice.... effects her ears also .....funny really as my wife still has hot flushes as well....but that's about the scale for a woman...never make up their minds about anything.

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:56 pm

I think I suffer from hot flushes, well I certainly get something like that when I see young women riding a bike in a micro mini.
So there is still a spark there somewhere SOA.
There are tablets you can take to help circulation with folk who suffer from Reynauds. But Lynda won’t take em. Preferring to suffer instead.
I see they are bringing in another Euro National football competition to start in about 18 months. The 55 nations are to be seeded Into groups. Each team in a group will play the others both home and away. The winners of the group presumably going forward to the finals. I understand it’s to take the place of these needless friendlies. I bet extra financial,income will also have been a consideration.
Now now SOA. We can’t have our Queenie on our bank notes looking like a wrinkled prune, even if she looks like one in real life. But she does appear marvellous for her age even if she has the best medics in the land at her beck and call.
And old Prince Phil still going strong and into his nineties I believe.
Weinstein? His antics are just the norm in the show biz world , how many tales have we heard about the casting couch and the tales it could tell.
Was it not Liz Taylor who said she had sex with someone , was it Reagan when she was fourteen. In her words. I will check the facts on that .
I have a bee in my bonnet. Have you noticed how all these ‘Chat’ programs on radio and tv have celebreties on their shows. But everyone of these celebrities are promoting a film, book or tv show they are appearing in. They are just promotional shows it gets right up my nose.
Just heard the weather forcast for The next few days. Particularly in the western side of the UK . Really warm Sat, Su, Mon. And windy, but also loads of rain due for Mon and Tues. Could be some flooding. So keep yer brolly handy SOA. You are gonna need it, oh and yer wellies. No SOA, the wellies are not meant to be for use with your Welsh sheep. So don’t get any ideas about chasing sheep in the Welsh hills with yer wellies on.
Reg.
Reg

son of alf

Postby son of alf » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:44 pm

I get hot flushes now and then also but not from women in mini skirts.....every time I see a nice looking women I think of all the energy I wasted chasing them...and wish I could have some of it back now when I need it the most.....my spark went long ago....just left with ashes and a broken heart.
Have not seen that about the football.....Euro National is it?.....just a money making idea as you say Reg.....if it helps to make sure only top teams played in the World Cup or European Championship it might be a good idea.....save all the mucking about and just have the top 8 countries to contest the cups.....but alas not enough money to be made if they did that.
I think Lizzy is letting the side down.....she should show her age and be proud of it.....I wouldn't begrudge her a bit of make up and such but she looks younger than her kids on these notes.....that's not right ....its all a bit weird.....if she is so ashamed of getting old she should decline to have her mush on the notes...or wear a burqa or hiab thingy....if she chose one of them she wouldn't have to bother with make up or combing her hair even....only down side I can see to that idea is her Corgi's might not recognise her and bite her....and old Phil might be a bit rude to her now and then.
Well Hollywood well known for all these goings on if you can believe what you read.......Weinstien not the first by a long mile....it usually all comes out when the person is dead and someone writes about it in their memoirs.......helps sell the book.....I would think there will be a few more brought to light before the dust settles .....I do not know about Liz Taylor and Reagan but I can recall reading stories about Errol Flynn,Hitchcock and others being naughty boys with the ladies.....and I think one young lady said Hollywood was like being in a brothel....Monroe I think is supposed to have said that...... amongst other things about the dark side of it all.
Marilyn Monroe......pretty girl but not my type....can't understand why all the fuss about her back when.....Did you fancy her Reg?Give you a hottie looking at her? :)
I do not watch the chat programs anymore ....but nothing has changed by the seems of things...all to promote this and that as you say and to be honest half the people they have on these shows now I've never heard of anyway.
Well its still raining on and off here....but the breeze is a warm one....we are having some strange weather for this time of year and that's the truth of it......Only just dried my coat of from the last bout of rain....sick of being wet .....well how do you expect me to go a courting sheep without my wellies?...no good taking em flowers and chocolates Reg they play hard to get.....only thing they understand is a good stout wellying.

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:25 pm

As you say weird weather . Today very blustery but warm. And even stronger winds and even warmer to come. And it’s mid October. London might get up to 23 C .
It’s this time of year when we had those crazy winds of I think it was the eighties when thousands of trees were uprooted by strong winds.
Cardiff City who? Blues played well and fully deserved their win. Cardiff never has a shot on target. Is this the great Blues revival. But in truth Blues have a lot of very talented players, the ‘Our Harry’ signings I suppose . But good football does not guarantee success in that division. We have a biggy tomorrow Wolves v Villa. Sounds like a draw to me.
It’s good to get back to bread and butter football after the disruption of the international break.
Three Moorhens have appeared on the river. Been here about 10 days. It’s unusual for them to dwell,here. There must be plenty of food for them. Good to see them though.
My interest in a good looking woman has never diminished. It’s as strong as ever. Lynda is always telling me I have something wrong with my neck, it’s always swivelling around when we are out.,well there’s nowt wrong in appreciating the female form. But that’s probably why I now get a lot of neck aches and pains.
Lizzy wearing the Hibab. Now there’s a thought.But why not , showing Muslim appreciation got to be good for multiculturalism. That’s a big word after a couple of Gins.
All these has been female stars saying they have been assaulted by Weinstein could be a good thing . It brings em back into the public eye and maybe resurrect their career . What is it they say- There’s no such thing as bad publicity.
That sure is a big fire in California. 3500 homes destroyed and 25000 folk have left their homes. We are lucky here with our fairly stable weather conditions
Old Trumpet not too popular in Iran i would not think. Mind you they are a known rogue State. Cannot see why Trumpet and co would want to strike any sort of deal with dodgy Iran.
Sheep wellying ? We have loads of sheep up here as well. It could become a trend. Now where did i put me wellies. It’s a good mild night for sheep wellying. Baa Baa.
Reg.

son of alf

Postby son of alf » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:52 pm

1987 when Mr fish got it wrong and the high winds struck home....we lost a few roof tiles but we did not see the rough stuff...well not as bad as some places.....so its 30 yrs since and now they say we can expect high winds Monday....not looking forward to that at all....hope they have got it all wrong again and Ophelia has blown herself out before she gets here.
Blues did well.....Cardiff not an easy team to beat.....could well be a Blues revival....but bit early to be sure...so don't hatchet your chickens before they count Reg.
I shall go for a Wolves win.....I always thought Villa would bounce straight back up.....anyway Wolves for me today.
I still like looking at the girls if I'm honest.....and I like to flirt with them also but that's about the length of it......I found living with a woman was such a hard thing to do early on and I never want to go through all that again.....unless of course they are exceedingly beautiful and stinking rich. :) .....mind as I have said I never thought I would get married and was happy on my own....but little one come along and put a spanner in the works.
Well this Weinstein business gets more interesting by the day....they think it might have been his brother behind it all coming to light and more and more are coming forward to accuse him of this and that....makes me wonder where he ever had the time for work.
Anyway some of his accusers worked with him time and time again.....how strange you would have thought that a least one of them would have given him a swift kick in the nuts and told all.....but I guess the lure of being rich and famous comes first....until tomorrow that is.
But the man is a so and so and should have been stopped years ago....and all those who knew what he was up to and hid it should be up the same creek without a paddle......that is if all we have read is true.....and some of these top actresses who again said nothing are part to blame.
I have just read that Mrs Clinton has turned against her old pall and fund raiser Weinstein and compared him to Trumpet.....more muck to hit the fan perhaps?.....Clinton knew nothing of Weinsteins behaviour....it would seem everyone else did but her.....Hmmmm.

Sheep wellying is Wales's national sport....its the only thing left we are good at now ......we used to be god at digging holes also but politicians put paid to that :( .....keeps you fit chasing em over hill and dale .....easier for you flat lander English on the hunt.....Llaa Llaa that's a welsh sheep that is. ;)
Well Iran not the best of run countries....like most of the Countries out that neck of the woods..... not to be trusted.....But what is trumpet up to....is he out for conflict and war as the Guardian suggests or have Iran indeed broke the agreement....the answer I know not.....Nobody else agrees with Trumpet it would seem.....but nothing new there....if Trumpet said the sky was blue most would find fault with that also.....and as we have seen in the past ethics don't count just the money made from dealing with Countries with dubious regimes.
Anyway enough ....bring on the footy.

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:19 am

Wolves far too good for a sorry Villa. They are playing Premiership style football. Villa totally outplayed.
Wolves can get the suitcases out and packed ready for a trip to the Premiership.
Liverpool v Man U. A bore draw 0-0. Reports say Mourinho came purely for the draw and made little attempt to win it.
And Man C go silly again , this time scoring 7. They must be good to watch.
And Newput score 4 away from home and back up to 6th. Could it be their year?
Shrewsbury a nice town, lots of Olde World buildings, but also good eateries and shopping centre for the ladies. But both our feet are burning with all the walking.
I see Mr (animal) Stokes is getting married. I cannot be certain but I think she is taking on a boatload of trouble. I wonder how long it will last.
Well,it sure looks as though you are going to have to batten down the hatches on Monday SOA. It says severe gales. I ain’t looking forward to that. When we have that sort of weather I tend to lose a couple of fence panels. I will try and put some supports against the fence panels . It may work.
Weinstein. If he was such a sexual predator, and doing it for so long . I find it difficult to believe that no one has reported him till now. I still say it is rife in sunny old Hollywood . Hence the casting couch tales. So what’s new.
Perhaps Weinstein the predator has had his wicked way with old Ma Clinton. Mind you She is said to have been a bit of a predator herself so maybe they have both had a bit of hows yer father with each other.
I think Trumpet has a problem ,he speaks before his brain engages. That’s why he makes so many gaffs. Mind you I am a bit surprised that he has lasted so long. Over 9 months, and still over 3 years of his reign to go. And then of course he could put himself forward for another 4 years, if the Yanks dont pluck up the courage to oust him.
Talking of sheep, did you see that program showing how they turned the sheeps fleece into Harris tweed. Very interesting prog. As a young man I saved me pennies till I had enough to by myself a Harris tweed jacket..It was my pride and joy for several years. Very hard wearing.
Have not heard so much about ISIS just lately. Could they be a spent force ? I see the Iraq forces have forced them out of Mosul and they are on the retreat back to the Syrian border. Mind you if ISIS are defeated they will probably regroup and call themselves summat else and start all,over again.
Methinks it will be a trip to the SVR on Sunday.. they are still looking for a few bob for their building project so if you have a few old £1 coins SOA. Lob em in the direction of the SVR.
REG.

son of alf

Postby son of alf » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:30 pm

I thought it may be that way between Wolves and Villa.....looks to be still trouble at Villa....not flying their true colours and I feel they should be doing better.
As for Wolves I hope they do go back up to play top flight football....whether they will fit in or be good enough is another story...as usual it will all depend on money spent .
Exiles beat a near bottom team...but its the three points that matter and it was good to read that they scored 4...I was following the game on me phone along with all the other teams of interest....The Shrews have kept their unbeaten record up but perhaps let a win slip through their fingers.
Animal Stokes.... :) ....yes I spotted he had married.....she might bash some sense into the idiot....have read a little about the woman and she comes across as having common sense and full use of her brain unlike animal.....it would seem that she has given him advice on his conduct before but he unfortunately was unable or refused to take notice.
Stop it! stop right now.....all this talk of batten down the fences and hang on to yer tiles is frightening little ole Tim....put me right off my sheep for sure.
It looks like Ireland is going to get the lions share of the bad weather....been monitoring the weather forecast for Newput and it seems to be improving a little....finger crossed this is so.....I is terrified of high winds.
Well reading the stories in the press there are more names being put forward..... both actors and film company bosses pestering young girls for sexual favours to get considered for film parts and such.....looks like the buck has finally come to rest on Weinstein's shoulders....seems our plod are investigating him now on possible rape allegations........looking at the size of him you wouldn't have a chance of wriggling from under him if he caught you.
As for Mrs Clinton I agree she is no innocent by the seem of things and I guess you could say that her hubby has a good track record also....but who knows.....you can't believe all you read.
Trumpet ...I agree he doesn't think things through before he opens that big fat mouth of his.....leaves himself wide open to scorn....have always said the man means well but is not capable of doing things right.....sense wise he is like a bull in a china shop....but at the end of the day he is a very rich man and incharge of a very big country....I can only conclude that if he is an idiot...what does that make me. :(
No matter what goes on concerning Isis as you say they are not going to go away but reinvent themselves once more....I can see no end yet to the terrorist threat....its all to do with power and religious fanatics......worlds full of that.
If I have any old £1 coins left I would be tempted to lob them at Wetherspoons or the offie....SVR too far away unfortunately for me lol

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:16 pm

Don’t know what’s going on but it keeps asking me to sign in again and each time it rejects it.
I am posting this as a reply to your previous message.letscseevif you get it.
Reg

Return to “Chit chat”