Before It's too late.

Chew the fat about fishkeeping or non-fishkeeping related stuff in here.
reghorse

Re: Before It's too late.

Postby reghorse » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:46 pm

Well I don't know where Fridays post went to. Posted it and it seemed to go ok. But I notice today that it is missing. Don't know where it disappeared to. Oh well.
Trumpet gonna be in trouble if he carries on threatening other countries. Venezuela is the latest one. I don't know for sure, but he does seem to be a load of hot air. All these things he says will be done don't seem to happen. Also when he is talking he srarts off on one topic and seems to wander on to summat else. It's as thought he cannot concentrate on one thing only.
Newput undefeated so far . Is this going to be a good season for em? Les hope so.
And my team thrash Bristol and Wolves draw, Baggies score their usual one goal. Brucies Villa lose, I feel very sorry for him. The crowd shouting what a load of rubbish.
They say that Hameed is a class act. If so, class is permanent though form will fluctuate. If that is true case I think we should persevere with him. If they are thinking of taking him to Australia he should be in the team now, we have not solved the number 2 position yet.
It looks as though the right wing in the States are on the march. It would not surprise me if the KKK made a reappearance. Thers always that undercurrent in the States.
And it appears that things are unsettled in UKIP. Anti Islam , it appears that one or two members are making anti noises. Mind you behind the scenes lots of their members are extremists. I think some of the old BNP members are in UKIP. Bring back Nigel he'll sortem.
Well we are supposed to have lots of shooting stars tonight and for few more nights . I have had one long look, but nothing . I will go have another look before kip.
Reg. Hope this one goes ok.

son of alf

Postby son of alf » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:18 am

Had wondered what was up....thought you may have gone to the pub and over done it....and was now paying for it.
Trumpet opening his big mouth yet again......must think he is master of the universe...captain America the God of war and peace.
Trumpet best leave Venezuela alone ....leave it to those who now best....Crowbin and his mob would know what to do...big fan of the place.
Always said Trumpet means well but unfortunately is unable to think before he opens his fat mouth...does not think things through and it would seem unable to listen to good advice.
Little bit disappointed with County....playing ten men most of the game....perhaps they should have done a little better....stiill a coulple of drawn games better than a loss.
Blues win and Baggies continue to play hard to beat...Pulis happy but Rondon not so....bet baggy man raised a smile as he sipped on his Bud.
Villa slip up again...early days I know but as I said I think there is still a little bit of a problem behind the scenes at Villa....we shall see as the season unfolds no doubt.
Interval wife calls.
Cardiff City have started well also(hope they do well Cardiff they should be in the top flight but alas not so) Wolves and Forest off to a good start and Chelsea had a right bad day :) ....all reckon Man City for the top spot this year...not sure about that myself....could Spurs be seeing some player trouble?....not bought in new blood and players upset at the low wages....and then there was poor old Klipperty held to a draw and top player asks to leave....not a good start for a Liverpool revival.
As for the cricket and Hameed.....I would have played him against the Windies and take him down under no matter....but that's just me....he is young and as I have said I like his attitude....but that doesn't make him a class player I understand that.
KKK still going in the USA I believe Reg......as for the latest trouble...always going to be racists....worlds full of them.... not only the southern states.....It would seem that people are upset by the removal of a statue of Robert E Lee and the call to ban the confederate flag....or could it just be all used as an excuse just to riot.....who knows I don't.
One thing that strikes me though...if indeed they want the statue of Lee removed on racist grounds.....think it may not stop there...plenty of other statues will have to go of American presidents.....lots had slaves on both sides of the war Grant did no favours for the native Indians........and Lincoln not entirely clean either...his wife was a slave owner I believe.....and you may argue that the American civil war was not entirely about slavery at all....but that's an American problem not mine...they always paint a different picture to perhaps the reality...But no matter how much you ban or try to hide it...its history and it will never go away no matter how hard you try to wash it.
Make it clear........ I is not sticking up for anyone here just expressing my thoughts.
We also looked out for the shooting star show.....we saw nothing...zilch....I think they all passed our hill on the blind side....will have another look tonight......perhaps they got the days wrong :)
Its another fine day here at the moment....going to make the most of it before that old nasty rain returns...going to give my shed a bit of a face lift could do with a fresh dose of colour.....better get some beer on ice ready to dose me with some colour also.

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:17 pm

The Southern US states really fought on two issues. They did not want to be part of the Union, plus the slavery issue.
U S films made in the 40's and 50's never had black folk in star or important rolls . They almost always,
had black folk as servants or other menial roles. It has taken a longtime to eradicate and they are not there yet.
USA the land of the free. ??????
White House defend Trumpet. His condemnation was against Whites and Blacks they say.
Watched United play WestHam today. It was men against boys. Man U looked class with their new boys . We will,see what they are like when winter sets in.
And Spurs win at Newcastle U and our man Kane fails to score, but he was lively.
And GB made amends in the athletics with a host of late medals. Though you are not too interested in the athletics I understand.
Baggyman almost smiled on Sat. But I suppose it was too much to ask to get a grin from him. Praps if the Baggies win a trophy he might give us a slight smile. And down a few more Buds.
Klipperty was really frothing at the mouth as Pool were held to a draw. Froth all over his beard. He is interesting to watch though.
And my man Rooney gets Everton's winning goal. I suppose it was written in the stars really. The Prodigal returns.
Wolves, I fancy them to go up,this season , they have some good players and the Portuguese manager has em playing very well to his system.
Had another look for shooting stars. Nothing. It's not April 1st is it SOA? Praps the old man was right , when i was a youth. In the pub talking about the moon and the stars he said, seriously that there was nothing up there. What we could see was just shadows. No way could we convince him. Lovely old guy. Now I am as old as he was . Gawd.
Yes as you say, a lovely day today , though I did not make use of it. Stuck in front of the telly watching football and athletics. That's no good. I must be more selective with what I watch.
How's your vitamin D level. Hope you are still eating sardines whilst lying on your back in the sun. That will put it right.
Reg.

son of alf

Postby son of alf » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:17 pm

Land of the free...only for some .....and I don't think racism will ever be eradicated.....always going to be hate and mistrust...and of course religion is littered with it.....never going to get shot of that anytime soon either.....Trumpet should have said more ......but there must be a question mark besides Trumpet....if you take muslims and mexicans into the picture you might say he was a bit racist also.
You have to fancy United for the league ....and that man Lukaku of to a good start....have to fancy him for top scorer now he is surrounded by class players....mind I am a little bias ....I'm a fan of the bloke as you know.
Baggies winning a trophy....going to have a long wait for that.....1968 last time for FA cup.....so was that the last time baggy man was spotted grinning?......I reckon if he was to grin now his face would crack and fall off.
I would love Wolves to go back up.....not sure that's going to happen though Reg.....I've not got your faith in them.....but they have made a good start so who knows.
No luck with the shooting stars either....not a peep....think it must have been a wind up.....nothing up there..... not another conspiracy theory.....no moon no sun just nothingness........makes sense. :)
I read a bit back that they suspect we have a second sun....but we just can't see it with our eyes (cannot remember the reason why we were unable to see such a thing)NASA knows about it but has chosen to keep it quiet.....all came to light when someone took a picture of a sunset and there looked to be two suns in the sky........must be true...how could we doubt a picture? :)
Wonder what that old guy of yours would have said about that.
Well if we have two suns my Vit D levels are all the more baffling ......touch wood feeling better....my aches, pains and tiredness seem to be getting better....able to do work in the garden a lot easier this weekend...and I have plenty of Sardines on standby.........thanks for asking Reg.
We have had a wet start to the day here on the hill so I reckon its a lazzzy day ahead....and yes Reg don't spend all your time in front of the box make use of our wet summer and save the viewing when winter sets in next week.....plenty of wet,cold and windy months to watch the box then.

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:01 pm

Having a bit of trouble. I have just lost 2 posts, I don't know why. Will do it again tomorrow morning.
Reg

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:49 pm

Right, must be finger trouble on my part, trouble is when using the ipad, if i hold my mouth in the wrong position, bingo my post disappears over Outer Mongolia.
So here goes on the Desktop pc
Blues have just signed a centre forward thats world famous, abou 4 years ago he was playing non league. then i think Luton or summat like that. I think he plays tonight. Our Harry says a hatrick, just like our Mr Ali in the other game.
Is Me Hung Lo backing down. He says he is gonna take advice before he fires his 50p rocket. Surely he must realise that the States could blow N Korea to smithereens. Smashing word smithereens, dont know where it came from , praps it was some bloke called Smith who invented 'Ereens' ?????
Trumpet says he is not racist (Oh ?) could have fooled me and uncle Tom Cobley and all.
Just about to sort out a few bits and pieces for my trip to the Test Match.
Weather cpuld be a bit iffy first couple of days and then they say a bit dryer.
But some experts are saying W Indies are no match for England. I hope they are i dont want the match over in 3 days.
They say the reason WI are not as strong as they were is the American influence. Kids are turning away from cricket and playing Baseball. If so its a pity. They were top dogs a few years back with whispering Mike Holding. Garner , Roberts. Richards. Sobers. I could go on and on.
Did you see that tv prog on India? It appears they have more billionares than anybody, but also very great poverty. So much for equality.
Also when we made the India /Pakistan split in the fourties, because of religion , over 8 million people were then displaced and most had to treck many hundreds of miles to resettle in the country of their religion. The inhumanity of man again.
Right now where me flipping travel case?
Hope this reaches you.
Reg.

son of alf

Postby son of alf » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:30 pm

I expect it was because your tongue was lolloping out of the corner of your mouth mix that with a handful of rouge fingers and bingo chaos is on the menu.....same thing happened to me the other day Reg...I still haven't worked out what I did wrong.....but I suspect alien abduction is behind it all.
Blues have signed a Villa fan....his family and him Villa right through....wonder if old Harry knows there is a Vile infiltrator in the camp....more likely to score a hat trick of own goals....the boy is only young Reg old Harry knows what he is doing....maybe :)
Me Hung Lo ....been eating far too much cheese....made him fat in the body and fat between the ears....but the man is power crazy Reg he thinks he's Gods gift....not to be trusted in what he says I believe he is daft enough to attack the Yanks.
It could have been a man called Reens who invented Smithe.....life's funny like that.
Read in the paper that they don't reckon the Windies are good enough to give us a game....missing key players and such.......stop me..... but they are playing England are they not.....they must know England has a self destruct button.....we are capable of losing even from a winning position.....we is good at it for sure.
Have not heard that about the baseball.....wouldn't surprise me though..... cricket...test cricket not too popular anymore its all this bish bash stuff that,s favoured by some.....could even say its a little like baseball.
Anyway first match Thursday....hope it stays nice for you Reg and England make a game of it :) ......and keep away from that nasty old beer and be a good boy. :(
Did not see that program about India....probably all the money we have sent them has made the Billionares....not much love between India and Pakistan....always threatening each other about this and that and then there is Bangladesh they have not had an easy time of it either....another accident waiting to happen maybe......don't think they will ever get on together.....makes you think for sure.
Spotted Moby Dick(painful) was on the box this afternoon....got the wife to record it ready for a rainy day....still read the book from time to time...such a good story and I must say the film with Pregory Geck at the helm of Pequod and a crew full of good actors did well for the story.
No rain today though..... sun back out today ....did some more gardening and was visited by a Sparrow Hawk landed on the garage roof....but not for long....quite common up here years ago ....the other large birds would gang up on them and chase them off......we still haven't seen a bat this year though :(

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:45 pm

Never seen a Sparrow Hawk, close up like that. Though I stood on the river path yesterday watching a Kingfisher looking for its lunch. watched it for about ten minutes then off it went. Lovely looking bird.
I did not known our new bloke was a Villa fan. That's not on . He needs to be tortured until he sings the Blues song ' Keep right on to the end of the road' that will cure him.
Blues 0-0 at home to lowly Bolton. Not good enough Harry. Pull yer finger out. Meantime Wolves have a 100% record and look good. It's the Portuguese touch. The manager and several,players.
And the Baggies have signed 36 year old player Barry. Still with the Baggies long ball style he won't have to run too much.
The Pool get an away win in the Champions league. I get the feeling Pool are starting to gel for Klipperty. They might surprise a few this season.
The weather forcast looking a bit brighter for Edgbaston. Mind you with our weather it's a case of wait and see.
I see Woaksie is fit to play, that's if he is selected, he is another all rounder. Ali, Stokes and Woakes are a potent trio of all rounders. If we could sort out our front end batters.
Don't intend to drink too much, gonna be a good boy.,Although The Wellington real ale pub is only 50 yards from the hotel. That could be too much of a temptation.p
Me Hung Lo sure is a little tubby, too much rice pudding . I think old Trumpet saying he could blast em has quietened him down a bit.
Never saw that film Moby Dick, must put it on my 'to watch list'.
Right , must get some kip.
Reg.

son of alf

Postby son of alf » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:06 pm

No you usually just see them hovering in the sky...for some reason along side motorways.....now as for a Kingfisher I have not seen one in the wild for decades...not likely to see one in Newput unless it be dead and floating down the Usk.....beautiful bird as you so rightly say.
Read that the young lad the Blues just signed indeed a Villa fan.....but not anymore he has come to his senses....and besides that the Blues pay him his wages now.
Wolves march on with another win.....tell you what Reg if they manage to beat Cardiff next game I shall start to believe that maybe just maybe Wolves are going places.....fingers crossed for them....my Alfie was a Wolves fan.
Blues and Forest stutter yet again....can't help but think its just another case of also ran....still early days :(
Baggies....can't believe they have signed a pensioner.....wondering what they paid for him...keeping it all quiet ....still its only on a years contract just to fill in before he goes to an old folks home......bet Baggy man choked on his Bud when he read about that one.
Woakes fit and in the squad I think....and of good return form....I reckon he will play....(that just put the black bat on his chances)
Not going to be easy for us we are going to have to be careful and make sure we don't under estimate the Windies....will be interesting to see how this night time cricket works out in a test match.
Real ale pub just up the road from your hotel.....you got no chance.....you must have known about that place when you booked the hotel.....don't intend to drink....yeah right...... flying pig ahead. :)
Me Hung Lo....saying he might let America off....but only for the time being....he said one more Squeak from Trumpet and that's it America will see fireworks.......Yanks will see fireworks as N Korea goes up in smoke....the mans a twit....just wish those people could get rid of him and his like for good.......not going to happen though...plenty more like him just waiting to pounce.
You must try and see that Moby Dick film Reg....worth a watch ....1956 version with Gregory peck and Orson Welles....and Richard Basehart plays the story teller.......Its basically a copy of Spielbergs film Jaws.....but with a bigger fish and not so much blood,teeth and shooting stars. :) ......You're gonna need a bigger boat...... movie magic.
Enjoy the cricket Reg.....shall keep an eye out for you when I watch the highlights....you will be the one person in the crowd without a beer so you will be easy to spot.............another low flying pig. ;)

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:57 pm

Just got back from the Wellington(real ale pub), Only had 3 pints. Small brewery called Black Country bitter. I could quite easily get a taste for it. £3.30 a pint. Hotel pretty good, but I also stayed here for last years cricket.
Went for a walk to find outwhere the free cricket bus departs. Lucky me. about 200yds from the hotel.
Just want the weather now.
Wolves are really looking agood team. Portuguese manager, and he has brought in 6 Portuguese players . Most of em are in the team. I really think they could go up this season. I believe most of the Wolves fans have signed in to the local college for a course in Portuguese. It could be interesting speaking Portuguese with a broad Black Country twang.
Meawhile Our Harry says he needs to but more players before deadline day, he has signed 5/6 already. I think he is finding the job more difficult than he thought. Blue fans are saying he could do a runner by Xmas. They could be right.
Baggies signed Barry in my opinion to get some muscle into midfield. Barry is fond of putting his boot in. Sought of player Baggy manager likes.
Me Hung Lo taking pity on the States eh. Thinks they are silly. He won't find em silly if he gets one of their Ballistics up his bum hole.
We used to have a few Kingfishers resident , nesting in the river bank. Then about 7/8 years ago the river bank collapsed taking their homes with it. This is the first one we have seen since. Hope he stays and rears a brood. Now all we want is our flipping Otter back.
Had a quick look at Moby Dick on You Tube. Will try and watch it soon.
You should have no trouble picking me out in the crowd. I will be wearing a tall pointed pink dunces hat, black face, white lips and singing Mammy.
Reg.

Return to “Chit chat”