Before It's too late.

Chew the fat about fishkeeping or non-fishkeeping related stuff in here.
son of alf

Re: Before It's too late.

Postby son of alf » Tue May 16, 2017 1:13 pm

Did not know about the dinosaurs early enough to give you a warning...I also was told late on.....must do better 3/10.......have not watched it yet either.....just making a pot of tea ready to settle down and watch it and my eldest boy walked in so we recorded it for a later day.
Glad you have decided to shell out and order your new toy.......hope it comes quickly and all in one piece :) ......just think Reg you will be able to watch election night on it....that's sommat to look forward to for sure.........sorry.
I think the idea behind the curved screen is to give the viewer a good picture if looking at the screen at an angle....but having said that ours has a good picture if your at an angle and its not a curved screen job so who knows for sure.......and I have to wear glasses to watch the box so I get a slightly bigger/better picture anyway.
Well the rain has not stopped on this here hill....it rained on and off all night and its still raining this morning.....I suspect our Welsh superior reservoirs are full to over flowing........so I expect we shall be sending you English so and so's our water as always.
And in weather like this you need more than wellies to attract a good looking sheep.....need an umbrella too........ nothing worse than a sogggggy sheeeep.
Yes Brady makes you wonder why they did not make an exception and hang people like him or at least give them a bit of a rough time whilst behind bars......but I guess there is always a chance an innocent person could get caught up in it all....it has happened as we know.....I do hope that where ever he is now he is getting what he deserves.
Its been quite a while since I have seen a May Bug also and this one was a big one.....the biggest I've seen anyway...but when I looked them up it was the size stated.....also read that in the late 70s and early 80s they were on the verge of possible extinction due to pesticides .....but they are on the way back since these pesticides have been banned from use.........and every 30 years or so May bugs appear in great numbers....so maybe we are about due for a glut of em.....Oh and one more thing they are good eating....French and Germans used to eat them ......so I read....soup or dipped in sugar......think I'll stick to my 2 minute Porridge Reg. ;)......not likely to get a leg stuck between your teeth with good old porridge.
Latest thinking with these cyber attacks is that its from China or N Korea.......they think they can link it to that area of the world.....have had trouble from there before it seems.....it seems that a group of hackers operate from these two countries......we shall have to wait and see.
Trumpet......one of the llads .....I reckon he is telling porkies also.....but whats new .....all a bunch of Politicians....trouble lying straight in bed half of them.

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Tue May 16, 2017 11:24 pm

You could be right about the decline of the May Bug. As I said, in the late 70's ,early 80's they were whizzing around the bowling green floodlights in their thousands. Next morning you could see loads of dead uns lying around. Now they are not here. So it could be cyclic. Don't fancy May Bug soup, stew, curry or on toast thank you very much.
Had rain here but nothing to shout about, but tomorrow is supposed to be a real wet un.
Got an email tonight to say the new telly will be here on Saturday. That's a long weight, will phone em up to see what they can do to speed things up. I believe it is already in the couriers warehouse in Willenhall. That's only about 17 miles away..praps it coming by snail mail.
Talking of snails, well slugs actually, Found 4or5 black 2 inch slugs in the kitchen tonight. The flipping blighters. Just shows a touch of damp weather and they go doolally. Might have to change me mind about eating em. Collect em and put em in the stew pot. Or Slug casserole a la Francais . There's posh then boyo.
The Baggies got a roasting from Man C tonight. Totally outplayed , but never gave up. Pullis sides never do. Or they would get the sack.
And Trumpet? Now he's playing footsie with the Ruskies. Me reckons him talk with forked tongue.
Let's hope the Dinosaur program will be repeated . Would have enjoyed that. I would like to be around when they will be able to get a bit of DNA and recreate these extinct creatures, now that woudbe fun.
So they think the cyber attacks could have come from N Korea eh. I somehow doubt it , they are too busy putting all their resources into getting a rocket off the ground without blowing themselves up.
Well the political parties are all ready to publish their manifesto's. Promise this , do that, ban this and that, 50 quid an hour minimum wage. I think I will start work again. But that flipping Lib Dem leader says what he will do as leader when he gets into power. Pigs might fly, there was a pink un over our house today. I think he is a prat.
Signing off to have a beer.
Reg.

son of alf

Postby son of alf » Wed May 17, 2017 1:31 pm

May Bugs took a hammering for sure....they may be on the increase and they do say eating insects is fine because the are full of goodness and to take it one step further or forefathers - before they climbed down out of the tree to go to Muck Donalds probably snacked on them too............Insects,slugs and snails included - not on Alfie's little boys menu.
But even with all this wet weather have not seen many slugs or snails.....that is strange....very unusual ....they are usually all over the place.
Well its still raining here Reg.....getting fed up with it now.....passed the Exiles pitch this morning they have not done the drainage yet by the looks of it....two fellows fly fishing on it......rain was indeed wanted here but sick of getting wet now.....sick of the grey sky also need a bit of sun now to cheer me up.
Thought the Baggies might frustrate City and hang on for a draw......so its all down to the last games now to decide if either Liverpool or Arsenal make the top four.....not going to say another word in case I put the black bat on......Shhhhhhh!
We still haven't watched that program either Reg.....last night we watched Horizon on about the search for life in or outside our Galaxy.....bit of a waste of time really not many new facts to ponder over.....but what little there was did make me think.......One chap was close to tears spent most of his time looking and sending messages to find life from outside the universe.........and not a whimper was heard on his watch but he also said he would do it all again if he could have his time again. :) Can't imagine that...all your working life and no result....even worse than waiting for the Blues to score a goal.....but only just :)
Back to the dinosaurs....not sure it would be a good idea bringing those things back....Dicky Attenborough tried that and cocked it right up...dam things ran amok........But I must admit my favourite dinosaur is Triceratops but I don't think I would want one as a pet....cost a fortune to feed I would think.
But thinking about it Reg....if I could indeed bring back anything it would be the Dodo always felt sorry for this poor creature and I would like to see a Woolly Mammoth also....two of many odd looking creatures for sure.....wonder who or what designed these animals?.....had sense of fun and a keen imagination to boot...... and if I had to guess who indeed thought them up I would say a child about 6 years of age.
Fed up with all this election guff same as you Reg.....another three weeks of it yet....we are going to be up to our necks in bull sh*t and stir crazy by then....Sick of them all..... Crowbin and his daft ideas and Maypole....I still don't trust her much either....at the end of the day no matter who or what runs the country its the workers who will carry the can.....we can never win no matter what......Labour have let us down and we are stuck with iittle or no choice.....and as for your thoughts on Lib Dem can't do nowt but agree.
Cyber attacks...they think that who ever are responsible for it is either using China or N Korea or maybe both countries as a base .....they could be anyone and China and N Korea not involved in the attack as such.
And Trumpet picking up speed...more and more getting dragged into the fray....Putitin ready to back him....America won't like that.......I still reckon he has had it Reg...just a matter of time.

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Wed May 17, 2017 10:36 pm

Muck Donald's Bug Burger, not too sure I would fancy one of those. Nutritious or not. In fact I have only been in a Mac Donald's once. That was in Liverpool when I worked up there for a time. Not keen on these ere mass produced Burgery take always. Give me Chish and Phips anytime or a stinkeroo Vindaloo.
Watched another Man U scoreless bore tonight., I think he is trying to go thru the season scoring as few goals as possible. At least he could smile occasionally. I have gone right off him, as you can probably tell.
Well it finally stopped raining at tea time. I had a stroll around the garden and there were dozens of small white shelled snails crawling over everything. Funny how they emerge in the wet. Wonder if they can swim.
Have got one nice little flower spike on one of the Day Lily's. I am looking forward to a show from them . You put me on to them if you remember.
And me apple tree has sprung into life, little leaves all over the place. I wonder if I will get an apple this year?.
Ooh a Dinasaur program had just come on the telly. I love programs like that. Went to the museums in London a time or two.And saw that massive Dinasaur Skeleton . It was massive. It's difficult to imagine an animal that size. Just imagine of one of those chasing after you for his breakfast.
There has to be life somewhere out there. I find it impossible to believe we are the only ones in the universe . But I cannot believe they would have the same form as us. Imagine a mirror image of two old gents sending messages to each other over their version of the internet. Wonder if we could send them a message. Hello there Aliens ,how yer doin?.
Supping a drop of McEwan's Champion at the mo.
Reg.

son of alf

Postby son of alf » Thu May 18, 2017 12:50 pm

Not a big fan of Muck Donalds either only crossed their door once or twice at the most.....Used to go in Wimpy bar though...only for a coke float......Chish n Fips much better.....but I must add its getting hard to get a decent bag of chips around Newput....all soggy and anaemic seems to be the norm....gone are the days of scrumps.....we used to go into our local chippy and ask for a bag of scrumpy's.......long gone now I would think.....but on the subject of chips....I do like the chips in Wetherspoons....why I do not know because they are of the fast food type I would think....and the texture is not quite the same as a good old chip like wot ma used to make.....and as for curry better still.
You going off Mourinho.....join the club ....not my favourite manager at all either Reg....but he is a clever one and he without doubt has the gift of the gab...he could take any team to the top even the Blues or Forest..........if you give him the cash to flash that is.
Spikes on yer Daylilies......you lucky devil Reg.....mine are still naked...... :( back,front and sides not a sign of a spike. :(
I don't see why not Reg an apple is not much to ask for talk to the tree nicely and you may get a few......Wonder what makes a tree decide to fruit....is it to do with age or size?never really given it much thought Reg.....we have a little one about 4ft tall it has never produced apples yet but it is being grown in a wooden tub......grown from a pip.
Dinosaurs always a favourite of ours also....and yes the size of some of them beyond imagination.....we also watched the program of their downfall last night .....some scary facts come to light about the meteor strike and the aftermath.....wonder how anything survived that at all....anyway keep an eye open for that program Reg its worth a look......if you get your new TV Saturday perhaps you can watch it on catch up TV.....and speaking of your new Google box did you ask them why its taking so long to travel 17 miles to get to you after?
Well life else where I would think is a betting certainty.....I would like to think so anyway.....or at least there may have been life before our time and it has met an end just like our dinosaurs.....after all I should think we will meet our end some day....either by our stupidity or by nature saying enough is enough time for something else to have a go.
And as for doppelgangers.....some do believe that there is a mirror world of ours in fact more than one .....so it might well be that there are more than just two old twits sending messages......wonder if they like beer?....Blues could be top of the league on their world.....Nah that's going a little too far ....silly me.
Well the sun has got its hat on today Reg and its coming out to play....I is so glad sick of getting wet of a morning.

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Thu May 18, 2017 11:04 pm

Wo is me. Stood in the bathroom this morn when I felt a drop of water drip onto my shoulder. Small roof lak somewhere. I could have done without that , it could be a costly affair. Gordon flipping Bennett.
Did watch that Dinosauts prog last night, fascinating. I have heard of that big asteroid thingy landing in Mexico trillions of years ago. But they tell us that there is no fear of it happening in our lifetime or your nippers. These ere whopping telescopes can see things that would be on track to hit us many years before it would happen.
Mrs May has outlined their manifesto and it is causing a furore . The cuts and changes mean that folk will have to use their assets to pay for care in later life. ''This is surely going to affect the votes in the coming election. We will see.
What a lovely day, for the first time this year it was great to sit outside supping a cuppa. Almost got sunburnt.
You are right that a plant (apple) has to be mature before it can fruit. Fruiting is a sexual thing so it has to be mature. The things that make it fruit each year is triggered by longer days, temperature and of course water. It then produces both male and female flowering parts. That's in a self fertile plant of course. Ain't nature complicated. What I find fascinating is the way that bees and other insects do the job of cross pollination. So , all this evolved after that massive asteroid crashed into the earth.
Trumpet in real trouble , he is being officially investigated for all sorts of misdemeanours . Theres talk of impeachment. Can he survive? I have my doubts. But what mechanism have they got in the States to kick him out.
Come back Hilary, your country needs you.
Spurs made Leicester look really fourth rate tonight. It was men against boys. Kane and Ali(Able) ran rings round em. That makes Harry K the Prems top scorer again. Vardy , was he playing? Oh yes, I think I saw him a couple of times. But he ain't a Harry Kane.
I see the FA are to introduce bans for diving . Good. It's long overdue. Vardy made such a blatant dive tonight the ref had to go and lecture him. Apart from that , Vardy might as well have been at home watching the match on the tv.

Reg.

son of alf

Postby son of alf » Fri May 19, 2017 1:23 pm

Well it was a big dude over 7 miles across or so they reckon....and a bit unlucky where it struck.......if it had landed in deep water the dinosaurs might well have survived and we would probably not have evolved.......Makes you think Reg...could there be an outside hand manipulating all this....perhaps we are in some nutters experiment......or a child's construction toy of sorts....or maybe a firework on bonfire night :lol:
But seriously fascinating subject .....trying to find the answers to things that happened so long ago....finding out little bits at a time all going towards the big picture.
Leaking roof....same place as last time Reg?.......perhaps a tile has been dislodged in the wind.....fingers crossed its a quick fix.
Have not looked at Maypoles work of fiction yet Reg.....but I suspect no good will come of it no matter.....To be honest she can do what she likes when she gets the vote...so I would have thought she is bright enough to make all the right noises and promises to get control of the country and then U turn where she fancies...... I.don't trust her at all Reg...... just one of a bad bunch......nothing will change nothing at all.
Talking of apple trees had a good look at ours......going to plant it out at the top of the garden and see if it does decided to fruit in the future....should have done that before now really.......Looked hard at our daylilies this morning....not a flower spike in sight....thinking they may indeed be slug/snail damaged.....not seen many slugs and snails though......they must have developed stealth technology on our hill.....and the weather not much better it rained last evening again quite heavy .....and it looks like more on the way this afternoon.
Foxes just going through the motions by the seem of things.....bad attitude really....the same attitude that got their boss the sack I reckon.
Good side Spurs....Glad to say I actually like them and do not mind them doing well....wish them well next season also....as players they do seem to get on well for each other....little bit of magic and a little bit of luck I can see no reason why they cannot be top dogs next season.
And I'm also glad about the diving ban idea....now lets extend it to other forms of bad sportsmanship.....can only be good for the game I feel.
Getting interesting at Forest.....new owner a Greek with plenty of money....trouble is Nick the Greek has a bit of a reputation it would seem..... some say he will use fair means or foul to do this...to get Forest back to the top flight and will spend the money either to buy new players or buy off the Refs if need be......and if that fails he will send his "team" around to sell fire insurance to the other managers and their teams.
I reckon he will be good for the club and all this bad reputation of dirty deeds and dealings just made up by people jealous of his success.
If only the Exiles could get a shipping magnate like him to bank role them......wishful thinking I guess.....I suppose County being bought out by Fray Bentos a possibility though. :(
Going to sit down with the papers and a coffee now and catch up on the election news..........Flying pig.

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Fri May 19, 2017 10:24 pm

Not a leaking roof. Central heating boiler in the loft. It was that which had sprung a leak. Man came and fixed it. I hope. Now let everything dry out before i do a small repair and redecoration of bathroom ceiling. Fingers crossed . I bet I will get a bill from the gas people, but it was only recently serviced by them . Argh
Loads of thunder and lightening this teatime . Quite a bit of rain but no actual rain storm. Quite warm at the weekend they say, especially Sunday.
Got to be up and ready tomorrow. The new t/v is supposed to be arriving sometime after 8 am. Hope everything goes well and the new tv works ok. But its a big b.gg.r so will need a bit of handling.
One of my favourite sex bombs is on the tv at the mo. Nicole Kidman. But sadly she has been at the Botox and has now got big shiny face cheeks and very very smooth forehead. I would prefer the odd wrinkle on these celebs. Look natural I say.
Interesting thought about the human race never having evolved. Though it makes you wonder if the human race had been around before that big asteroid. Then got wiped out and had to start all over again. I think that could be possible. And why could this business of mankind getting wiped out and starting all over again have hapened several times , if that makes sense.
There are all sorts of theories of how and why everything evolved. I tend to be sceptical of most of the theories.Its far too complex for me. Most of the theories go over my head.
Maybe your apple tree has not fruited because it is not self fertile. If they are not self fertile they have to have another tree nearby for cross pollination to occur. Have you got the details of the tree?
Yep the new N Forest owner Nick the Greek(like it SOA) is being investigated for shady goings on. I reckon the whole industry is corrupt. All sport needs to be cleaned up. But it will never happen because big money is corrupting all sport.
Must get the room ready now for this ere new telly. But a beer first
.Ooh just found out my Nicole is now 50. She's still just a spring chicken. Any road up she can have me any time even with her Botox..
Reg.

son of alf

Postby son of alf » Sat May 20, 2017 3:53 pm

Leak frustrating but at least its sorted out now....lets hope they don't send a bill but I suspect they will........never going to admit perhaps the service caused the leak.
We have had more rain also and a few flashes and rumbles but it seems we are just catching the edge of the rain clouds as they pass up the channel.....they had hail stones next door...... nothing our side.....second time this year we have witnessed this....strange to watch.
Well its not getting warmer here Reg....had to put me coat on again this morning ....quite a cold draft whistling around the old hill early on....but I will keep the faith and hope the warm evenings are on the way.....itching for some good shed weather.
I take it your new TV will be up and running by the time you read this....do hope it was all trouble free and not too big to move around.
Be able to watch your favourite sex bombs almost life size now Reg.......no kissing the screen though it leaves marks.
Nicole only fifty Reg....is you a bit of a cradle snatcher on the quite? :) ....As Groucho Marx said you are only as old as the woman you feel. :)
Alright if you have the money Groucho.....but all I have is wrinkly good looks....might grab a granny or two but II is never going to feel 21 again.
Mrs Kidman...not seen her lately...can't understand why they do this sort of things to themselves.....it can have some right horrific results at times.....being only fifty I bet a good looking girl like her wouldn't really need it.
Thinking about it Reg if we had been here before the dinosaurs took over.....we would have found traces of it for sure....just got to look at the mess we are making now of the planet.... all that rubbish we leave behind us going to last for years.
Have read that they think that we did not evolve out of the sea and onto land as thought and they still haven't found a right good link to apes yet either.....so perhaps we did come from else where or perhaps put here.....guess we will never know anytime soon.
Cannot remember the type of apple we planted the pip of.....I did not know anything about self fertile trees Reg...its all new to me I just thought it was to do with age and size.
There are no apple trees close by anymore either....we had one and so did our neighbours....wind snapped ours and it died...the other was cut down.
The two trees were old ones I think Reg....ours was still giving fruit but the tree looked a little rough and out of sorts I think it was on its way home and slowly dying.
You are right..... unlike Nicole sport would benefit from a face lift and being cleaned up....it annoys me how they let money and advertising call the shots but you are on the button ....its not going to change at all....... greed has eaten deep and no turning back.
And as for Forest or any other team to be successful you need the money to buy it.....you need people like Nick the Greek to do that....meaning rich.....going to be interesting to see just how much it will change Forest next season....but after all said and done we could do without the suspect characters dipping their bread into it.
Well footy tomorrow to look forward to.....Liverpool and Arsenal being the only real interest I guess....I do hope your TV is up and running ready for you to enjoy the sport.

reghorse

Postby reghorse » Sun May 21, 2017 7:41 am

Talktalk internet down last night so I could not do my usual rant.
Tv arrived midday , big 7 foot Sikh delivering. It was supposed to be a two man job , but he seemed on his own . But as I say he was so big he carried the thing in as if it was a box of cornflakes. Although he was only supposed to leave the box, he in fact unpacked it . Instructed me how to fit the stand and a few more useful tips. Good bloke .
But I would prefer to have him on my side than agin me. He was worth the tenner I gave him fora curry'n chips. But as I say a nice bloke.
Lynda did not realise how strong she was when helping to lift the thing.
The thing is what do you do with the box? Got to store it somewhere in case things go AWOL.
Watching Trumpet greeting and being greeted by this Saudi Arabia lot. He just looks out of place. Also his missus trailing behind him looked a right Bimbo with all her dieting and Botox. Wasn't she supposed to be a 'gamer' in her younger days?
Tv seems a good un . Very clear crisp picture. Does not need any adjustments from me. So i will leave well alone for the present.
Boy did we have some really heavy , but short storms yesterday. But we need a drop so no moaning.
I notice that all the Prem games start at 3.00 today. Is that to stop any hanky panky from teams knowing the results of earlier starts. I wouldn't put any thing past em.
Lovely weather here at the mo. Though yesterday morn I was up very early and there was a sharp frost . What is that saying? Nere cast a clout till May is out. There is some doubt as to which May they mean. Is it the Month or is it the May blossom.
Yeah Apple trees can be either a self fertile type or the type that need a tree of the same type to pollinate with. I find this whole sex business confusing. Plants, insects , animals humans, all can't do without it. But boy can it cause a heap of a load of trouble between us humans.. Nuff said about that.
Off to have another play with the new toy now. Then we are off to Wethers to split a bottle of wine or two. Gosh ain't it a hard life. I think I will go and pollinate someone !!!!
Reg.

Return to “Chit chat”