New aditions to my fish family

Post your photos of fish, tanks, ponds and all things aquatic here and they could end up on the pages of the UK's No.1 aquatics magazine!
aquatic finatic

New aditions to my fish family

Postby aquatic finatic » Thu May 18, 2017 6:21 pm

New aditions to my fish family, had a bust few weeks they have :)

Bristlenose Pleco - Ancistrus cirrhosus

Zebra Obliquens - Haplochromis latifasciata

Albino Corys - Corydoras aeneus
Corys, plecos, Guppy, Killiifish, Gourami, Angels, Rams, Cherry shrimp, Apple snails, assassin snails, Endlers, Haps, Malawis, Dwarf Cichlids Ottos, Dannios, Loaches, Kribs. Maybe it's time to move some of these guys on.. Nah as they say more is better :D

pterygoplichthys

Re: New aditions to my fish family

Postby pterygoplichthys » Sat May 20, 2017 3:19 pm

Unfortunately your fish are not compatible as they need very different conditions from each other. Cories and bristlenose need soft to neutral water; the hap needs very hard alkaline water. Additionally your substrate looks like coral sand which is too rough for fish that feed from and dig in the substrate such as cories and bristlenose. It can damage their barbels and allow infection to set in.

aquatic finatic

Postby aquatic finatic » Sat May 20, 2017 3:51 pm

pterygoplichthys wrote:Unfortunately your fish are not compatible as they need very different conditions from each other. Cories and bristlenose need soft to neutral water; the hap needs very hard alkaline water. Additionally your substrate looks like coral sand which is too rough for fish that feed from and dig in the substrate such as cories and bristlenose. It can damage their barbels and allow infection to set in.

I have 30ish tanks ranging from 45 to over 500Ltrs :D I have haps, mbunas, community, shrimp and snail, Dwarf Cichlid all sorts (No marine yet though) thanks for the info though :)
Corys, plecos, Guppy, Killiifish, Gourami, Angels, Rams, Cherry shrimp, Apple snails, assassin snails, Endlers, Haps, Malawis, Dwarf Cichlids Ottos, Dannios, Loaches, Kribs. Maybe it's time to move some of these guys on.. Nah as they say more is better :D

the_storm

Postby the_storm » Sat May 20, 2017 4:12 pm

I guess you're using RO water?

aquatic finatic

Postby aquatic finatic » Sat May 20, 2017 6:19 pm

I was until we moved the unit was broken in the move :( I'm waiting for a replacement and using HMA until it arrives, not ideal I know but its a stop gap measure :(

Return to “'Tank Community'”