breeding cherry shrimp

For advice on breeding your fish or information on other members fish breeding successes look here.
Thefishguy

breeding cherry shrimp

Postby Thefishguy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:02 pm

Hi, i have got a tank with some cherry shrimp in and i think there is a mixture of males ad females but they have not bred, any ideas on how i can get them to breed?

fluttermoth

Re: breeding cherry shrimp

Postby fluttermoth » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:17 pm

Cherry shrimp should breed quite readily, without you having to do anything.

Could you give us more details of your set up, please? Size of tank, any water tests you've done, the temperature you keep it at, whether it's planted, filtered and cycled etc.

How long have you had the shrimps, how big are they and have you seen any berried females at all?

Thefishguy

Re: breeding cherry shrimp

Postby Thefishguy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:46 pm

Hi the tank size Is 21 litres and I have just done a water test and the results were nitrate =50ppm, nitrite=0ppm
Ph=7.2 hardness =>21 gh temperature is 26.2 degrees Celsius, it has been cycled for a long time and has got a lot of Java moss attached to decorations it has also got a floating moss ball, i has got 2 fully cycled bio sponge filters.

fluttermoth wrote:Cherry shrimp should breed quite readily, without you having to do anything.

Could you give us more details of your set up, please? Size of tank, any water tests you've done, the temperature you keep it at, whether it's planted, filtered and cycled etc.

How long have you had the shrimps, how big are they and have you seen any berried females at all?

Return to “Fish breeding”