Zebra Danio Query

General questions about keeping coldwater fish here please.
stefflou

Zebra Danio Query

Postby stefflou » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Hello,

I have had a small 10l tank set up and running for over two months. For the past 6 weeks we've had 5 Zebra Danios slowly and gradually introduced into the tank. We have on live plant, one fake one and a small statue and until this evening, all fish were happily swimming (darting) around the tank.

When we got our danios I questioned if a couple of them could be egg baring as they were rounded. I then read up that female danios are normally a little larger than males so assumed it was just that. Today, however, I've noticed one particular danio remaing close to the surface, in the edges of the fake plant, fairly swollen belly and slightly wonky (not hugely but noticeable). The water has also very suddenly gone a smudge cloudy.

I've tested the tank fully and all comes back clear as as per desired but the question remains as to what's wrong with our fish. The other danios seem happy and content but do remain close to the surface and close to the swollen danio. I did wonder if it was bloat but we feed our fish every other day with a small sprinkling of dry food so I can't see how it could be?

We're going to stop feeding for 3 days then feed a chopped up, cooked and skinned pea in the hopes it helps but I wondered if anyone else had any insights or advice?

Thanks.

daz4321

Re: Zebra Danio Query

Postby daz4321 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:32 pm

what are water parameters?

read this http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/danio-rerio/ reference to aquarium size.

Honestly no fish are suitable for a 10l aquarium

Return to “Coldwater fishkeeping”