Members Ponds

Planning a pond, building one or sprucing up your existing one? If so, ask for advice here first.
Bob Mehen

Postby Bob Mehen » Tue May 28, 2013 8:50 am

"Socrates333" wrote:Looking forward to adding to this page shortly with some pics. In the meantime some great looking ponds here...Mine will hopefully look like a smaller version of Misterking (a post from about 3 years ago by the looks of it), but smaller. Great ponds on here and very inspiring.

I'm looking for pictures of readers pond for the 'Your PFK' section of the magazine;

http://forum.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/showthread.php?t=97384
Bob

tereska

Postby tereska » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:43 pm

Spring time soon and I'll be able to see my pond fishies again so thought I'd bring this thread out of hibernation too. Although I always think my pond is looking good until I see everyone else's - pond envy!! We've had ours for about 14 years now and it has changed dramatically several times over the years from gravel banked, crazy paving, ground level to what it is now, unfortunately I don't seem to have retained any pictures of the old styles.

This was it in summer 2013:

[ATTACH]52031[/ATTACH]

Unfortunately we lost a lot of fish to a heron that year after forgetting to put the net over one night :-/

The pond frame, decking and plant ledges are all re-used and recycled made from old roof trusses, marquee flooring and pallets:

[ATTACH]52033[/ATTACH]

The filter is concealed under the wooden triangle at this end
[ATTACH]52034[/ATTACH]

The way the weather is up here I generally don't see the fish from early November til about March so I can't wait to see what has survived the winter - not that it's been particularly harsh this year. There was about 17 babies I counted at the end of this summer and I think 12 from the year before - sadly I only have 4 mature fish left but they're certainly fertile! I added a couple of shubunkins last summer so looking forward to see how they have fared their first cold spell and how many babies are still there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tereska on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Mehen

Postby Bob Mehen » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:11 am

Nice to see your pond tereska - it helps remind us that spring is just around the corner! :)
Bob

Si24

Postby Si24 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:33 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Pond Liner

Re: Hi this is my pond

Postby Pond Liner » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:08 pm

olly wrote:Image

Just waiting for some more to upload hope you like
Cath

Really like this pond design, looks great