Variatus Platies Needing a Good Home!

Discussions about all the other cold water fish which are available including native fish.
JennyBlueburry

Variatus Platies Needing a Good Home!

Postby JennyBlueburry » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:21 pm

Hi my Platies have had numerous babies and I am unable to keep them all as my tank is not big enough. Would anyone be able to home any in the West Yorkshire area? Or any advice on what to do?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

cobden28

Re: Variatus Platies Needing a Good Home!

Postby cobden28 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:09 pm

I too had a problem with over-production of platies in my tank. I added a couple of small angel fish to control the livebearer population the natural way, and pretty soon I stopped seeing platy fry in my tank :D - population control the natural way :) .

Eventually my platies have almost all died off, after two years: I have just the one female platy left and when she dies of old age I won't be adding livebearers to my tank again.

fcmf

Re: Variatus Platies Needing a Good Home!

Postby fcmf » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:57 am

Some of the local fish/aquatic shops take them - you could try contacting them and/or putting your post in "The Market Place" section of the forum here and/or advertising on aquarist-classifieds.co.uk under your geographical location. Hope that helps - best of luck in getting them to a good, new home.

Return to “Other Coldwater fish”