Spam/Junk posts none fish related

Discuss all things P.F.K. here - magazine, the iPad Edition, website and forum.
aquatic finatic

Spam/Junk posts none fish related

Postby aquatic finatic » Thu May 18, 2017 5:38 pm

Just a quick Q, what are we doing about all the spam thats getting posted, I have just come on for the first time today and done what I always do which is click the new post to see whats new :) 3 posts and 6 spam???? I report them when I see them but it seems to be escalating so what is being done to help prevent/manage this?
Corys, plecos, Guppy, Killiifish, Gourami, Angels, Rams, Cherry shrimp, Apple snails, assassin snails, Endlers, Haps, Malawis, Dwarf Cichlids Ottos, Dannios, Loaches, Kribs. Maybe it's time to move some of these guys on.. Nah as they say more is better :D

Bob Mehen

Re: Spam/Junk posts none fish related

Postby Bob Mehen » Thu May 18, 2017 7:56 pm

We have several measures in place to make getting spam onto the forum difficult, but these accounts appear to be being physically generated by someone, rather than automatically by a spambot. We delete them and ban the user as soon as we see them. Please feel free to continue reporting any you see you think the mod team may have missed.
Bob

aquatic finatic

Re: Spam/Junk posts none fish related

Postby aquatic finatic » Thu May 18, 2017 8:23 pm

No worries, will do thanks
Corys, plecos, Guppy, Killiifish, Gourami, Angels, Rams, Cherry shrimp, Apple snails, assassin snails, Endlers, Haps, Malawis, Dwarf Cichlids Ottos, Dannios, Loaches, Kribs. Maybe it's time to move some of these guys on.. Nah as they say more is better :D

Return to “Magazine & Website Discussion”