LEAKING! Co2 Regulator and Fire Extinguisher

Information on CO2 equipment, lighting, special substrates, ferts, etc.
Oxfordaquascaper

LEAKING! Co2 Regulator and Fire Extinguisher

Postby Oxfordaquascaper » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:56 pm

Hi,
I've recently bought CO2 Regulator with Solenoid, Dual Gauges & Adjustable Output Pressure from Co2Supermarket.
I have just tried using it with Co2 fire extinguisher (2kg) and put it on using their instruction online:
"Step 1) Tighten the regulator to your CO2 cylinder using a spanner or wrench. Do not hold the regulator while tightening; allow it to freely rotate. If you hold the regulator while tightening the nut, then the friction between the nut and the stem can cause the stem to turn anticlockwise and unscrew from the main body of the regulator, which will result in a leak."
I did EXACTLY what the instruction says and the regulator was freely rotating whilst I was tightening the nut with a spanner.
I squeezed the trigger slowly and the gas leaked (a lot!) from the regulator side by the nut (between nut and the regulator)...it was rather a scary sight. I am reluctant to take the regulator off and fiddle round without advice.

Has anyone experienced this issue? and if so how did you managed to overcome this issue?

Oxfordaquascaper

Re: LEAKING! Co2 Regulator and Fire Extinguisher

Postby Oxfordaquascaper » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:09 pm

forgot to add that there is a washer between the regulator and the fire extinguisher.

Oxfordaquascaper

Re: LEAKING! Co2 Regulator and Fire Extinguisher

Postby Oxfordaquascaper » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:52 pm

I've attached a photo to clearly show where the leak is.
co2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Equipment and Additives”