Old 2nd August 2009, 22:48   #1
gazo

gazo is a voice in the crowd
Default Octozin tablets

i have never used these before and wondered is the Octozin tablets meant to completely disolve in the water.

as stated on the bottle instructions, i put them into the a cup of aquarium water and
stirring them to try and get them to disolve before adding to the tank.
but they dont seem to be fully disolving in the cup or even after adding to the
main tank and it looks like ther just crumbling up and stay that why rather than
disolving.
can you anyone advise and let me know if this is the way they work incase i have a
faulty pack.
gazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2009, 23:17   #2
Galaxy

Galaxy has proved to be helpful.

No they never dissolve fully in a bucket. Just do your best and pour it into your tank. It dissolves fully within a short space of time. What are you trying to treat?...and on what fish?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 00:13   #3
gazo

i lost one of my malawi`s the other day with suspected hole in the head and outer gill decay. and was going to treat the tank as a preventative measure incase it has or can spread to the other fish.
when i put the dosed water into the tank it was like a snow blizard as it still hadnt disolved fully after about 10-15 mins.
Old 3rd August 2009, 00:17   #4
Galaxy

I'd advise you treat with Interpet anti-internal at the same time. I've used this with quite a bit of success in the past. Don't worry about the snow storm effect
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:08   #5
gazo

yea i have Interpet anti-internal bacteria treatment aswell but is it 100% safe to treat with the octozin and Interpet anti-internal bacteria at the same time together as that goes against what all the bottles instructions say.
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:57   #6
Galaxy

I've done it a number of times. In fact I double the interpet dose. Never had any problems but obviously the bottle says not. Plenty of discus keepers use that method if they haven't got access to other things
Old 3rd August 2009, 19:14   #7
gazo

the tank in question has malawi`s, pleco and ancistrus would be ok to double dose if needs be with Interpet anti-internal bacteria treatment and octozin.

can other treatments be used together at the same time as Interpet anti-internal bacteria treatment?

maybe we could have a sticky setup with what all treatments people have "safely" used together and on what types of fish.
Old 3rd August 2009, 22:01   #8
Galaxy

I am by no means an authority of mixing chemicals and normally I would never do it. I have mixed the above without any problems, only success. But never just try it out yourself only if someone in the know has tried it and advises you.